Friday, February 10, 2012

Book Cover Awesomeness

Here I am, your benevolent dictator, to give out something FUN and something FREE. That's right, fun AND free! Granted, this fun and free thing is not of my own making; I am not that fantabulous (and yes, that's a word because I say so, so stop picking on me!). However, these three ladies ARE fantabulous.

Sarah Enni, Tracey Neithercott, and Erin Bowman are three superbly clever book nerds with an eye for a niche market. Sparked by a "Go Away, I'm Reading" pin from etsy, they began to discuss the irritation felt when rudely yanked out of a good read by a well-meaning friend/relative/stranger on a bus.

This irritation is something I have discussed with my mother and sister just recently. What is it about having one's nose in a book that seems to invite any Joe Blow to start up a conversation? Yes, sir, the weather is a bit warmer than normal; no, ma'am, I don't want to see a picture of your dog. Can't you see that I am in the middle of battling zombie griffins and am only six pages away from freeing the prince?! Oh... no, I don't suppose you can. All you can see is the cover of a book.

Well, these three genius women have come up with a solution. TADA!



Set #1, by Erin Bowman

Set #2, by Tracey Neithercott


Set #3, by Sarah Enni
Just take one of these handy-dandy covers, pop it onto your book, and voila! Naggers be gone! Should one still approach you, all you must do is give your politest smile and gesture at the cover. Not only were the ladies clever enough to make such wonders, but they're generous enough to put the printing instructions on their respective sites for the humbled masses (that's you and me, folks) to print and use, free of charge.

Sarah Enni's set is my personal favorite, so I'n linking to her directly here, but her site has links to the other sets as well. Print away and leave me be. Can't you see the prince is about to be oh-so-grateful for my heroics?