Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hunger Games B-Roll Footage

This is totally legit, guys, and I'm freaking out just a teensy bit. I've been very, very good not to spam this blog with Hunger Games posts, factoids, etc., but I thought this particular video is worth sharing, at least for those of us who have read the book excessively.

And seeing as this is a book-oriented blog, that seems fairly common sense, no?

So if you're only interested in the movie, feel free to watch the clip, though it might not make much sense out of context. But if you love the book, please feel free in rejoicing with me.


A lot are pieces we've seen before in the trailers (Cinna and the pin, the Reaping, hunting with Gale), but there were some real gems hidden in there, too. The gems for me were all Peeta-related. Seeing him throw away the burnt bread (which all fans of the book know is a key moment), hearing part of his "gotta be me" speech to Katniss, watching Josh Hutchinson watch Jennifer Lawrence. And wow, does JLaw look like a natural with that bow!

So what do you think? Am I the only one geeking out over this?