Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

To my readers, fellow bloggers, friends, and loved ones:

May you find your Easter baskets overflowing with candy and your homes with love.
May your table creak with the bounty of good food and company.
May your fingers be stained with egg dye and your cheeks with the flush of laughter.
May your dresses be twirly and your ties straight.
May your hearts and minds be filled with remembrance and reverence.


A quote that delights both my bookish nature and my reverent soul: 
IN the groined alcoves of an ancient tower
Amid a wealth of treasured tomes I found
A little book, in choicest vellum bound:
Therein a romance of such magic power
It held me rapt through many a tranc√ęd hour;        5
And then, the threads of interest all unwound,
Abruptly closed. I searched that palace round,
And for its mate still earth’s preserves I scour.
Perchance that was the whole? Then purposeless
The pain of conflict, and the bitter doubt        10
But half resolved; love in a dire distress,
Deserted, baffled, with its joy left out.
Could life so end, half told; its school so fail?
Soul, soul, there is a sequel to thy tale! (credit: Robert Mowry Bell)

Happy Easter to one and all.

Love,
Shelver