Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #8

Totally the property of Pen to Paper
Huzzah for Wishlist Wednesday! I'm afraid I'm not very original this week. I picked a book that has me doing anxious little dances in my living room every time someone mentions it, but I'm not the only one. Everyone is talking about this book, which means a lot of little dances from me.

And I know it's the wrong tale, but just looking at this book makes me want to sing, "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf, the Big Bad Wolf, the Big Bad Wolf..."
Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.
I have a weakness for the name Wolf. I don't know why. But this book has one!

It gets better. Little Red Riding Hood! Who on earth takes on Little Red Riding Hood? It's the kitschiest and least interesting of all the kiddie fairy tales, but who doubts that Ms. Meyer is going to spend this tale around, shake its hair loose, and then send it strutting off to join the cool kids?

Given the way the tale goes, you know Wolf's going to end up being bad (probably), even though he's framed as a possible love interest in the synopsis. (If you can't see that, you haven't read enough YA... or books in general.) So there's that tension. AND he's a street fighter, which is really cool.

Oh, and France! I love France! I've been there, actually; lovely country, though I doubt we're going to see much of the lovely side in this book. No, this is gritty. I like gritty. And can you imagine the beauty when Scarlet and Cinder team up? This is a short post, because I'm losing intelligible speech.

My little nerd synapses are close to short-cirtuiting.

I know I'm not the only one excited about this book. Chime in below!