Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cover Love #9


I tried to find a sweet, happy cover for this week's Cover Love, I promise. I tried. I enjoy a pretty dress as much as the next girl, but there was one cover I just couldn't ignore. One that took its large, frightening hand and pushed all the lens flares and twirly dresses into a corner.e

Sixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her computer-hacking skills to stay safely anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in an empty warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa’s talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation threatens his life. But what Noa and Peter don’t realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who’d stop at nothing to silence her for good.

Filled with action, suspense, and romance, this first book in a new trilogy offers readers nonstop thrills.
Holy moly, ammirite?

Let me take a moment to squeal: HACKERS! I love hackers! They're like nerdy little assassins with cool piercings and chunky glasses. Okay, that might be an outdated stereotype, but I still like hackers.

But we're here to talk about the cover, and what a cover it is. It's pretty simple, really. Just a hand, a grind, and some text, and yet I'm still thoroughly creeped out. The hand clearly represents someone trying to break out, and the grid is keeping said person in... but is the wannaba escapee good or bad? That is, is the grid keeping us safe from unspeakable evil or is it a captor imprisoning redemptive good?

Rather than dark tones, the cover is bright reds and oranges and yellows; happy colors, except for how they mimic the hues of alarms.

Then, over it all, is the title and the tagline - Don't Turn Around... Just keep running.

You don't have to tell me twice!

That's my Cover Love of the week, and I'd love to hear what you think in the comments.

But before you head down, I'd like your opinion. Both Cover Love and Wishlist Wednesday have been on a trial period around here. I enjoy them both, but I'd like to hear what you think about Cover Love in particular. Please take a moment to take the poll below.


Should I continue my Cover Love posts?
  
pollcode.com free polls