|Hosted by I Am A Reader, Not A Writer and Stuck In Books|
Hooray, it's giveaway time! I'm so excited for this giveaway, because I've been holding on to one specific book that I've been dying to give away.
I have for one lucky lady or gentleman my beloved ARC of The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson. I was seriously stuck in this book. I didn't want to leave!
Elisa is the hero of her country. She led her people to victory against a terrifying enemy, and now she is their queen. But she is only seventeen years old. Her rivals may have simply retreated, choosing stealth over battle. And no one within her court trusts her-except Hector, the commander of the royal guard, and her companions. As the country begins to crumble beneath her and her enemies emerge from the shadows, Elisa will take another journey. With a one-eyed warrior, a loyal friend, an enemy defector, and the man she is falling in love with, Elisa crosses the ocean in search of the perilous, uncharted, and mythical source of the Godstone's power. That is not all she finds. A breathtaking, romantic, and dangerous second volume in the Fire and Thorns trilogy.You can read my full review here, but below are just a few reasons why this book was so amazing.
- The action. The story opens amidst the ruins of a past battle and quickly spirals into barely controlled mayhem. The rest of the book has intense fight scenes, death, betrayal, monster typhoons, and much more.
- The continued themes. Ms. Carson worked with some freaking fantastic themes in her first book, The Girl of Fire and Thorns. Rather than either abandoning those themes or going down the same, tired road, she manages to revisit those questions and yet reveal angles that hadn't been discussed in the previous book. Continuity of that sort is amazingly rare.
- The cunning. Elisa especially is fan-freaking-tastic. She's like a mini-Machiavelli, able to study all the angles and strike at her enemies' weaknesses.
- The characters. Again, I love Elisa. She has this deep, calculating mind, but her heart is so tender, and she has such human insecurities. Her supporting cast is filled with fun, detailed characters. Old friends come back to delight, and new friends make the story even richer.
- THE ROMANCE. Trust me, there's enough of the action/adventure/mind games stuff to thrill anyone, but the romance! Oh my gosh, the romance will make you melt. Personally, my toes curled.
I've been loathe to give away my ARC, but now I can. Why? BECAUSE THE REAL THING IS FINALLY OUT, AND I BOUGHT MYSELF A COPY! *laughs crazily* I shall call it Squishy and it shall be mine and it shall be my Squishy. Yes, indeed, The Crown of Embers just came out on the 18th, and I'm trying my best to give it a boost by highlighting it here in a giveaway hop. Of course, if you don't win (or even if you do and want to own a finished copy), you can always click my Book Depository widget to the right and buy yourself a copy!
Now for the nitty-gritty. You do NOT have to be a follower to enter this giveaway! However, you WILL earn more entries by becoming a follower, so I strongly suggest it. :) Here are the other details:
- This giveaway is US/CAN only. (Sorry, shipping sucks.)
- You must be 13 years old or older.
- Only one IP address per entry. I'm sorry if you and your flatmate both want to enter, but this is my way to weed out cheaters.
- The chosen winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email with their mailing address.
- If said winner does not respond in the time specified, a new winner will be chosen.
Enter the Rafflecopter below, and then use this link to continue hopping.