Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Army of Ten!


Hi! So this is going to by my utterly and unabashedly shameless Saturday post, okay?

You see, there's this book coming out. I haven't read it. Not one line. But I did do a Wishlist Wednesday post on it. And I do follow the author on Twitter. And this week, I joined her Army.

Yes, dear friends, it is true. I have joined Gretchen McNeil's Army of Ten. I'm promoting a book I haven't even read, that could possibly be horrible, and I'm okay with that. BECAUSE IT SOUNDS AWESOME! Just look!
It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?
Who WOULDN'T be excited about this book?! Okay, possibly my mother (love you, Mom!), but anyone else? I love a good murder. Multiple murders are even better. Multiple murders by one psychopathic yet unknown individual are even better. But multiple murders by one psychopathic individual in a story based off of an Agatha Christie classic? My face melts from the thought of such sheer awesomeness.

So yeah, Army of Ten. I'm all in. Once the book comes out, I'll read it and review it just like I would any other book. If I don't like it, I'll say so. But until then, I'm working my way up the ranks. If you'd like to join me, check out the Army of Ten website and enter to win cool prizes. For instance, just for joining the Army, you'll be entered to win the last remaining ARC of Ten!

I thought about shouting "Ten-hut!" or something equally Army-appropriate yet punny and decided against it. Just... go. Or I shall resort to the punniness after all.

Okay, no way I'm doing an Army post
without adding the Choppa baby.