Monday, October 1, 2012

Rewind And Review: Intro Post & September In Review

*see footnote for background attribution

Dun-da-da-DUNNNN!

Welcome one and all to my very first Rewind and Review: Blog In Review post. I don't know about you all, but I'm awful about marking posts that I want to read on other blogs and then forgetting all about them. It's just life, you know? That's why I love it when other blogs put together a review post.

Some blogs, like MTG Reviews (awesome site), do weekly roundups, but I don't feel like I have quite that much going on. (Though maybe that'll change.) Also, a lot of my connected posts tend to cross over from one week to another, so a monthly post just seems more cohesive.

If you would like to post your own Rewind and Review meme post, just follow the simple instructions below.
- Create a blog post detailing your month (or week, if you prefer) in review. Options include tallying stats, listing previous posts, trumpeting reviews, responding to comments, or displaying books received in the time frame indicated.

- Place the meme button somewhere in your post AND give credit to Bookshelvers Anonymous. (No stealing.)

- Link to Bookshelvers Anonymous somewhere in your post.

- Consider adding the meme button somewhere on your site for others to follow. THIS IS NOT REQUIRED. However, it'd be awfully nice of you.

- Once your post has aired, add the link to your post to the link list below. When you add your link, I pinky promise to visit your post and comment, and putting the link will make it easier for others to find you as well.
Now for September...

~~*~~

First, the blog posts. I strongly encourage you all to look through these posts to make sure you didn't miss any. There's some great reviews, news about new books, Doctor Who fangirling, and a couple semi-big announcements.

My Reviews

Meme Posts

Other Really, Really Fun Posts

Now for "the stuff." I sort of went on a book buying binge (ah, thrift stores, you are my weakness). The amount of cheap books that I bought combined with my birthday created a list long enough that I didn't think I could wait until December to list my books. That and the people I won books from shouldn't have to wait three or four months before they're publicly thanked. This month's "stuff" section is actually a combination of August and September, which only makes me feel a teensy bit better.

Stuff I Won

Stuff I Was Given
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (birthday gift)
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (birthday gift)
  • The Order Of Odd-Fish by James Kennedy (from a super-fan for review)
  • The Edge of Nowhere ARC from LibraryThing (for review)

Stuff I Bought
  • Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  • The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
  • The Girl of Fire & Thorns by Rae Carson
  • The River by Gary Paulsen
  • An Archived swag pack (signed tote, signed bookplate, signed bookmarks, sticker)
  • The Seeing Stone by Kevin Crossley-Holland
  • Lady of Palenque: Flower of Bacal (Royal Diaries series) by Anna Kirwan
  • An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
  • Lioness Rampant (Alanna book #4) by Tamora Pierce
  • Leviathan by Scott Westerfield
  • Alibi Junior High by Greg Logsted
  • plus a bajillion non-YA books, including 30+ Agatha Christie mysteries - do you see what I mean about thrift stores being my weakness? Ayiyiyi.

So there you have it. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who gave me pretties, either for review or for contests. Also, a HUGE thank you to all of you who visited, commented, shared, or encouraged this month. Don't forget, if you want to link up your own Read and Review meme post, just follow the instructions. I can't wait to read your posts, and I look forward to rocking out in October with you all!


*Pretty blue background courtesy of Cloaks, clock graphic courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.