Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday: REWIND - Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet

Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Yay! Time for another list. I love lists. They make me happy. Even better, this week is a "rewind" choice, meaning I get to pick one out of ANY of the topics they've done so far. The choices were staggering, but in the end I picked a recent list, the one that first turned me onto the Top 10 Tuesday meme.

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet (authors, bloggers, etc.)

Here, in no particular order, are my picks:

Taken from her website.
10. Rae Carson. Her books are freaking phenomenal. The world-building is ridiculous, the fantasy aspects are spot-on, and don't even get me started on those characters. HECTOR!!! She wrote Hector! I like to think that we'd meet in a nice little cafe and sample chocolates while talking about her books. Hey, I can dream. (Read my reviews of her books, The Girl of Fire and Thorns and The Crown of Embers.)

Deceptively diabolical.
9. Elizabeth Fama. Like I wouldn't jump at the chance to meet the mind that came up with super-creepy Monstrous Beauty. That is one seriously messed up book. I think she'd be fun to meet! Also, MB is the first and only mermaid book that I've read thus far that's been able to keep my attention to the very end. I'd love to sit and talk history... and other creepy things.

I'm sorry, you all will have to go on without me. I just need to stop and stare.
8. Tim Tebow. What? He wrote a memoir! He counts!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo of Mama Mafi.
7. Tahereh Mafi (and her mother). Tahereh Mafi is the author of Shatter Me (and its soon-to-be-released sequel), and she's freaking hysterical. I mean, seriously, read her Twitter feed. Why has no one made a sitcom off of this woman yet? But her mother has to come, too, as she makes up 75% of the best stories from said Twitter feed.

Taken from her website

6. Patricia Polacco. I love Patricia Polacco. She wrote Babushka Baba Yaga and Chicken Sunday. I don't need to meet her for long. I'd just like to hug her and thank her for an awesome childhood.

Taken from her website.
5. Ems. Because I like her! Ems runs the blog Ems Reviews Books, and was one of the first people I glommed onto when I first started blogging. Her reviews are great, I love her taste in books, her site is gorgeous, and she's just all-around nice and patient and lovely. Also, we've both sworn a solemn oath to visit next year's BEA, so maybe we'll meet after all!

Taken from her Twitter page.
4. Dot Hutchinson. Another super-nice blogger. I actually started following Dot's Scattered Pages before blogging, so that makes her extra-cool. I consider her very cool and nice as well, and I love her posts. Oh, and we share a passion for the same sports team, so that means a lot.


3. Elizabeth Wein (and Ginger Clark). I thought about listing just Ms. Wein, but you can't separate the two. Ms. Clark is like part agent, part hype-man. I'd love to see the way the two interact in real life. Oh, why did I pick Ms. Wein to begin with? Because she wrote this little book called Code Name Verity (it's only garnered like a bajillion starred reviews, including enthusiastic praise from me). She also was the first author I ever interviewed for the blog (part one and two), and was unbelievably kind and generous.

Taken from her website.
2. Robin LaFevers. All of my picks are selfish, but this pick is reeeeeeally selfish, because I'd spend my entire time with Ms. Robin trying to ferret out secrets from her next two books. Dark Triumph doesn't come out until 2013 and Dark Hope isn't out until 2014! TOO LONG! Also, Ms. Robin seems really nice and cool, and I'd like to learn more about her poison and historical research. (My review of Grave Mercy is here and my interview is here.)

Taken from her website.
1. Megan Whalen Turner. I would flat-out die. I would. I would spend my entire time inwardly hyperventilating, unable to string together even a basic sentence. Because I LOVE HER BOOKS. If I could choose to write like any person in the world, it would be MWT. Gah.

Who would YOU like to meet?