Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rewind and Review: October In Review





Whew, what a busy month this has been! I added a new meme, read some really amazing books (not one dud!), and posted some really fun discussion posts. Oddly enough, the post I wrote on a whim (my Ginormo Blogger Love post) ended up being my biggest hit. It's ironic, because the whole reason I wrote the post was to give OTHER people traffic. Funny old world, isn't it?

Anyways, make sure you all have caught up on all the fun things that have happened this month. Not to brag, but I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing. ;-)

My Reviews

My Meme Posts

Other Really, Really Fun Posts

After last month's book-buying spree at my local thrift store, I told myself I wouldn't buy any more books until I read the ones that I had. As you can see, I didn't quite keep my promise. At least I didn't buy as many this month, and the ones that I did buy were all on sale!

Stuff I Won
  • ARC of Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans (Simon & Schuster)
  • Signed copy of Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Stephanie Sinkhorn of Maybe Genius)
  • Signed ARC of Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi + signed bookmark (Ms. Rossi)
  • ARC of Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland, ARC of Prophecy by Ellen Oh, and 6 Vengeance Bound bookmarks (Ms. Ireland)
Last two bullet points not pictured

Stuff I Was Given
  • Ten signed bookmark, signed sticker, and dog tag (from Gretchen McNeil as reward for making lieutenant in Army of Ten)
  • Wheels by Lorijo Metz (for review)

Stuff I Bought
  • Behemoth by Scott Westerfield
  • Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  • I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I don't know about you all, but I really enjoyed October here at Bookshelvers Anonymous, and that was in large part due to you all. With that in mind, here's one more list to look at.

A Few Of My Favorite Blog Moments
  • Geeking out with other Agatha Christie nerds in the comments of Ten.
  • Commiserating over shared confessions in my Shelver's Confessions post.
  • Watching everyone freak out that I haven't read Harry Potter in the aforementioned post.
  • Enjoying the outpouring of blogger love as you all dove into my list of blogs I follow. (Seriously, you all did exactly what I had hoped for by running off to check those blogs out. It made me so happy.)
  • Giggling as you all cooed over my picture of Tim Tebow. (I confess, I still stop by that list every now and then to stare at it.)
  • Reaching 400 followers! YAHOO!!
So thank you all for a delightful entry into autumn. I can't wait to hear how your month went, so drop me some comments and don't forget to link up your own Rewind & Review posts.