Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday: My Most Anticipated Books Of 2013

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Oh my goodness, can anyone else believe that it's the last Tuesday of November already? What on earth happened to the last half of the year? Literally, once we passed July, it was like someone sat on the fast-forward button. In other news, I sound like an old person. Before I start moaning about how things were better "back in the day," let's skip on to my list for this week: my top 10 most anticipated books of 2013. (Rankings are VERY rough approximates.)


10. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. As the sequel to Cinder (which I greatly enjoyed), Scarlet is a retelling of the Little Red Riding Hood tale and features Cinder herself, a French girl named Scarlet, and a street fighter named Wolf. (According to the buzz on Twitter, he's devilishly handsome.)


9. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. The sequel to Shadow and Bone doesn't have a cover yet, but it does have more magic, more Darkling, and more MAL. Yay!


8. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. Though not a sequel, Happy is written by Ms. Smith, who also wrote previously reviewed The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love. Based on the synopsis, Happy sounds like one part You've Got Mail and one part movie star falls in love with a normal girl. Woohoo! Most of the books on this list are sequels to beloved books, but if any new book can break onto this list, it's this one.


7. The 39 Deaths of Adam Strand by Gregory Galloway. Whereas the last book was all You've Got Mail, 39 Deaths is Groundhog Day all the way. Apathetic Adam Strand commits suicide 39 times and wakes up every single time without a scratch. Of course, there'll be some kind of catalyst where he learns the joy of life, etc. etc. etc. But guys, Groundhog Day!


6. Also Known As by Robin Benway. Meep! A safecracker working as a spy to infiltrate a normal private school! I'm rubbing my hands with glee, because AKA sounds like it's in the same vein as Ally Carter's Heist books. Speaking of which...


6. Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter. Kat! Hale! A showdown where Hale ends up as the mark and potential heartbreak abounds. Ugh. Is it February yet?


5. The Archived by Victoria Schwab. The dead are shelved like books in a library called the Archive. A Scottish girl named Mac guards them vigilantly, and she must be wary, for something is alive in the Archive... (Thanks to Sarah from YA Librarian Tales, I'm getting a preorder. Yay!)


4. The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen. I'm so excited to see what Nielsen's cooked up for the sequel to The False Prince. I adore our Sage and know he's got all sorts of tricks up his sleeves.


3. Reboot by Amy Tintera. I just highlighted this book in a Cover Love post and can't get it out of my head. Just look at that tagline: "Five years ago, I died. 178 minutes later, I woke up." Eek!


2. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson. The third book in the Fire & Thorns series has no cover and no synopsis. But does it matter? No. Guys, HECTOR!


1. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers. I have no words to express how badly I want this book. If I had to pick ONE BOOK to read in 2013 at the expense of all others, it would be this one. I. Want. It.

Honorable mentions go to:
Throne of Glass #2 by Sarah J. Maas (no title yet)
Game by Barry Lyga
Transparent by Natalie Whipple
Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg
The Symptoms of My Insanity by Mindy Raf

What books are YOU looking forward to in 2013?