Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 End Of The Year Survey - Looking Ahead + Resolutions


Image and meme property of Perpetual Page Turner

I came across the End of the Year Survey as hosted by Perpetual Page Turner and LOVED it. There are so many lists I could make, but this one seems to pull together the highlights. It's a pretty long list, and I'm a bit wordy, so I've split up the list across several days so I don't bore you all.

This is part four of the survey. You can find part one, two, and three, as well as my Favorite Secondary Characters interlude.

Some questions have been broken down into subquestions (again, because I'm wordy), and I try to link all books mentioned back to their review at least once in the list. Enjoy!

31. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number One Priority In 2013?
The moment the calendar flips back to January, I need to get started on my debut novels for the DAC 2013. The ones I'll read first will probably be Prophecy by Ellen Oh and Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland, since they're the ones sitting on my shelf.

32. Book You Are Most Anticipating In 2013?
I give you my list. Tada!

33. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I give you my list of resolutions, which may or may not be completely blog-centric.

1. Continue to remind myself not to play the numbers game or compare myself with other bloggers.

2. Go to BEA 2013 in May.

3. Keep up with my new post scheduling system.

4. Find more contemporaries that I like and can recommend to others.

5. Move to New York.

6. Land an internship with a literary agency or publishing company.

7. Find some baby bloggers to help. (Anyone want to volunteer? Let me love you!)

8. Be more proactive about writing my reviews after finishing a book (as opposed to waiting a week or two.)

9. Get you all to open up more about what you'd like to see on the blog. (I live for feedback.)

10. Continue to learn, grow, and try new things.

~~*~~

Well, that's all, folks! I hope you've enjoyed this survey. Thank you all for a great year. I look forward to finding out what 2013 has for us all.