|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
While I've given my list an order, it's a very fluid sort of order. So, Mom, don't freak out if you got me, say, #7 instead of #2. I want them all! (Click the links to read my reviews.)
10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Really, the cover alone makes this book purchase worthwhile.
9. Terrier (and sequels) by Tamora Pierce. Beka Cooper makes me blood pump in a very good way.
8. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. I'll have nightmares, but it'll be worth it!
7. The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen. Sage! <3
6. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I'll laugh, I'll cry... Okay, so I'll mostly cry. Such a good book.
5. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I can't wait to enjoy Ms. Hartman's lovely word choices all over again.
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The only problem with this book is I'll have to block off a week or so where I can sit and highlight every gorgeous line. So... no problem at all, really.
3. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (paperback). I specified the paperback because who wouldn't! Look at that beauty.
2. Fire and Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (hardcover). I found the hardcover of Graceling cheap, so now I'm dying to get the rest of the series.
1. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (preorder). I shouldn't even have to tell you all how much I want this book. My fandom knows no limits.
The nicest thing about this particular list is that though it's for Christmas, I'm so passionate about these books that I know they'll end up on my shelf one way or another. Of course, by then I'll be coveting yet another set of wonderful books!
What books are you wishing for this year?