Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #18

Totally the property of Pen To Paper
Do you know that anxious flapping people do on TV sometimes when they just have too much emotional energy to be contain? I think they look a bit like flustered chickens, personally. Anyways, I started doing that very thing as soon as I saw this week's pick for Wishlist Wednesday.


A week ago, Dinah’s cousin Claire cut her wrists.

Five days ago, Dinah found Claire’s diary and discovered why.

Three days ago, Dinah stopped crying and came up with a plan.

Two days ago, she ditched her piercings and bleached the black dye from her hair.

Yesterday, knee socks and uniform plaid became a predator’s camouflage.

Today, she’ll find the boy who broke Claire.

By tomorrow, he’ll wish he were dead.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? A girl with an appetite for revenge? It's a sparse synopsis but it packs quite a wallop. Dinah is a driven girl, and her intensity shines with every word. But let me tell you, when I read this synopsis, I looked like this:


Why? Because I know this book. That synopsis is nearly identical to the query that Ms. McQuein submitted to QueryShark! I remember sitting in my apartment in college, reading this query and going, "Oh my gosh, that's AWESOME. Sign her, Ms. Reid!" I thought too much time would pass, that if the book actually came out, I wouldn't recognize it, but HERE IT IS!!!! That tells you how much the query affected me, that I could remember it clearly two years later.


I'm so excited. I'm so so so so SO excited! (Looking back, I'm tickled that so much - even the title - remained the same from the initial query.)

What are YOU wishing for this Wednesday? And what do you think about this book?