Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December Rewind & Review



~~*~~
Oh my gosh, it's 2013. Can you believe it? 2012 is kaput, Mayan apocalypse and all, and a brand new year is spread before our feet. I'm really looking forward to January with all its new books AND my one-year blogoversary! But before we move forward, let's rewind just a moment and look back at the month we left behind.

My Reviews


My Meme Posts


Other Fun Posts

Not a bad month, post-wise. I adored three of the four books I reviewed, which is an excellent percentage. My memes were fun, and Cover Love is starting to get some traction. Oh, and please don't forget to check out those other posts. The DAC 2013 post is full of information about a new challenge, the New Adult post has a great discussion going in the comments section, and the End of the Year Survey was a ball to write.

Now for the stuff. Wow, what a month. Between a big prize pack and Christmas (where I got THE BEST GIFT EVER!), my shelves are overflowing.

Stuff I've Won
Prize pack contents:
  • Deadweather and Sunrise (The Chronicles of Egg #1) by Geoff Rodkey
  • In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz
  • Undead Ed by Rotterly Ghoulstone
  • Gustav Gloom and the People Taker (Gustav Gloom #1) by Adam-Troy Castro
  • Boy or Beast (The Creature from the Seventh Grade #1) by Bob Balaban
  • The Shadows (The Book of Elsewhere #1) by Jacqueline West
  • Rise of the Wolf (Wereworld #1) by Curtis Jobling


Stuff I Was Given
  • Soldier Dog by Sam Angus (from MacMillan Kids for review)
  • Terrier (Beka Cooper #1) by Tamora Pierce (for Christmas)
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (for Christmas)
  • Fire by Kristin Cashore (for Christmas)
  • Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (for Christmas)
  • An iPad mini! (for Christmas, though I paid for part of it)
  • Two bookplates (one for me and one to give away) from Elizabeth Wein of Code Name Verity fame


Stuff I Bought
  • Princess Mia by Meg Cabot (another hardcover clearance aisle find!)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson #4) by Rick Riordan
  • Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (to be used in a giveaway)
  • Brisingr (The Inheritance Saga #3) by Christopher Paolini
  • Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi (because I have an e-reader now!)

Lastly, I give you my favorite list, the list all about you.

A Few Of My Favorite Blog Moments

  • I got to fall in love with Roar from Through the Ever Night. Seriously, new book boyfriend right there.
  • We had an amazing discussion about the New Adult category. (And doubters say that internet discussions can't be civil and thoughtful. Ha, I say!)
  • Ms. Wendy from The Midnight Garden complimented me on my Stormdancer review, which is pretty stinkin' huge in my book.
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey came out! Yay!
  • I found the synopsis of a soon-to-be-published book that I recognized from an old QueryShark entry. I flipped.
  • CHRISTMAS!!
  • I passed 500 Twitter followers, which is amazing. Thank you!

~~*~~

I hope your December was even cooler than mine, and I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2013. Now go celebrate!