Oh my gosh, it's 2013. Can you believe it? 2012 is kaput, Mayan apocalypse and all, and a brand new year is spread before our feet. I'm really looking forward to January with all its new books AND my one-year blogoversary! But before we move forward, let's rewind just a moment and look back at the month we left behind.
- Quarantine: The Loners by Lex Thomas (A high school apocalyptic tale that made me ranty)
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (A dystopian sequel that gave me ALL THE FEELS)
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff (Japanese dystopian steampunk with fantastic world-building)
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (Super-cute contemporary)
My Meme Posts
- Top 10 Tuesday - Books I Want Under My Tree
- Cover Love #17 - Sirens by Janet Fox
- Blogger Spotlight - In Which Ems Reviews Books
- Wishlist Wednesday #18 - Premeditated by Josin McQuein
- Cover Love #18 - Insomnia by J.R. Johansson
- Top 10 Tuesday - Books I'd Play Hooky With
- Wishlist Wednesday #19 - Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Other Fun Posts
- Christmas Giveaway: Signed Through the Ever Night ARC
- The Hobbit Is Here! The Hobbit Is Here!
- 2013 Debut Author Challenge Goal Post
- The New Adult Category Revisited
- 2012 End of the Year Survey - Books, Pt.1
- 2012 End of the Year Survey - Books, Pt. 2
- 2012 End of the Year Survey - My Favorite Secondary Characters
- 2012 End of the Year Survey - Book Blogging/Reading
- 2012 End of the Year Survey - Looking Ahead + Resolutions
Not a bad month, post-wise. I adored three of the four books I reviewed, which is an excellent percentage. My memes were fun, and Cover Love is starting to get some traction. Oh, and please don't forget to check out those other posts. The DAC 2013 post is full of information about a new challenge, the New Adult post has a great discussion going in the comments section, and the End of the Year Survey was a ball to write.
Now for the stuff. Wow, what a month. Between a big prize pack and Christmas (where I got THE BEST GIFT EVER!), my shelves are overflowing.
Stuff I've Won
- Bearers of the Black Staff by Terry Brooks ARC (from Leslie @ Under My Apple Tree)
- Judging a Book by Its Lover by Lauren Leto (from Christina @ A Reader of Fictions)
- Silver by Talia Vance ARC (from A.C. Gaughen)
- Rootless by Chris Howard + assorted bookmarks (from Nicole @ The Book Bandit)
- The Trouble with Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan (from edandemsreviews via ARCycling)
- Penguin Halloween Prize Pack (from Pamela van Hylckama @ Bookalicious and Penguin)
- Deadweather and Sunrise (The Chronicles of Egg #1) by Geoff Rodkey
- In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz
- Undead Ed by Rotterly Ghoulstone
- Gustav Gloom and the People Taker (Gustav Gloom #1) by Adam-Troy Castro
- Boy or Beast (The Creature from the Seventh Grade #1) by Bob Balaban
- The Shadows (The Book of Elsewhere #1) by Jacqueline West
- Rise of the Wolf (Wereworld #1) by Curtis Jobling
Stuff I Was Given
- Soldier Dog by Sam Angus (from MacMillan Kids for review)
- Terrier (Beka Cooper #1) by Tamora Pierce (for Christmas)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (for Christmas)
- Fire by Kristin Cashore (for Christmas)
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (for Christmas)
- An iPad mini! (for Christmas, though I paid for part of it)
- Two bookplates (one for me and one to give away) from Elizabeth Wein of Code Name Verity fame
Stuff I Bought
- Princess Mia by Meg Cabot (another hardcover clearance aisle find!)
- The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson #4) by Rick Riordan
- Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (to be used in a giveaway)
- Brisingr (The Inheritance Saga #3) by Christopher Paolini
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi (because I have an e-reader now!)
Lastly, I give you my favorite list, the list all about you.
A Few Of My Favorite Blog Moments
- I got to fall in love with Roar from Through the Ever Night. Seriously, new book boyfriend right there.
- We had an amazing discussion about the New Adult category. (And doubters say that internet discussions can't be civil and thoughtful. Ha, I say!)
- Ms. Wendy from The Midnight Garden complimented me on my Stormdancer review, which is pretty stinkin' huge in my book.
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey came out! Yay!
- I found the synopsis of a soon-to-be-published book that I recognized from an old QueryShark entry. I flipped.
- I passed 500 Twitter followers, which is amazing. Thank you!
I hope your December was even cooler than mine, and I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2013. Now go celebrate!