Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Have An Idea

Attribution
I have an idea. It's a very nebulous, blobby idea, but I think I'll find it easier to give it a shape if you all help me. We've all pretty much agreed that 2013 is going to be an awesome year for books. Between new books from favorite authors, sequels to beloved series, and stunning debuts, I'm going to be rolling in good reads.

Attribution
However, the more wonderful new books I read, the less time I'll have for the wonderful old books sitting on my shelf. Yet with every day I feel the urge growing within me to revisit some of my favorite books. I find it very difficult to take time out for old books with unread books waiting to be reviewed, and I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

So here's what I'm proposing.

Ahem
We dedicate one month this year to rereads. Right now, I'm thinking May, though if you guys have a better idea, please say so. So from now to May, we can read all the pretty new books and stockpile reviews like chipmunks storing up for winter. Then, starting May 1st, we get to dig into all the books we've adored and neglected. Of course, you're allowed to read new books during May as well (I probably will), but the point is to allow yourself guilt-free rereading time.

I may even put up a linky and offer prizes. Like I said, this idea is still in the blobby stage.

Attribution
What I want to know is if any of you would be interested. Comment below if you'd like to join me in a month of rereading, and don't forget to share with your friends. Also, any suggestions would be more than welcome. If I can get enough people willing to participate, we'll get the ball rolling. If not, I may still devote May to rereads, but then you all will miss out on all the fun. ;-)