Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: Most Wanted 2013 Debuts

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
It's that time again, time for another Top 10 post. Back in December, I posted by goals for the Debut Author Challenge. I doubt I'll get to all 36 debuts, so I've culled the titles down to these ten. Alphabetically, they are:


Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross. A poor girl is hired to act as a "beauty foil" for a pretty, rich girl. However, the rich girl has no idea that her new confidant is a hired hand. Great plot and a rich historical setting? Sign me up!


City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forester. This one's a fantasy, so that's an automatic win. It also happens to be a fantasy set on a rich man's estate filled with orphan girls, some of whom might be assassins. And they start dying one by one. Cue spooky music.


Dualed by Elsie Chapman. One of several upcoming books about clones/doppelgangers, Dualed pits one "alt" against another. Only one is allowed to survive. Color me intrigued.


Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan. A thief joins a group of spies in the Elizabethan court, only to become entangled in a Spanish courtier. Woot!


Premeditated by Josin McQuien. You can read my full drooling at this post. In short, this book has an awesome, punchy synopsis about revenge that has me salivating.


Reboot by Amy Tintera. Another book that I've highlighted before, Reboot has a dystopian hook that I haven't come across before (a very tough accomplishment) and has a cover that I can't stop staring at.


Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson. If you're not acquainted with the tale of Bluebeard, get thineself to Wikipedia ASAP. It's creepy and dark and gruesome, and I expect this retelling (set in genteel Mississippi) to floor me.


Taken by Erin Bowman. In the dystopian world of Taken, boys within the walls of Claysoot disappear on their 18th birthday. No clues, no questions, just... poof. I can't wait to try to solve the mystery with the protagonist, Gray.


The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston. I know, about time I add a contemporary, right? As if I could pass up a story about Witness Protection with a hunky Louisiana farm boy.


Transparent by Natalie Whipple. I'm a-hungerin' for this one. The protagonist is a girl who can turn invisible like Violet in The Incredibles. Unlike Violet, Fiona's father is a crook. Run, Fiona, run!

I've said it before, but 2013 is going to ROCK! What debuts do you want most in 2013?