Friday, February 1, 2013

January Rewind & Review




Didn't we just do a Rewind & Review? Did January really go by so fast? I thought the days weren't supposed to fly like this until I had kids or something. Or maybe the old adage about the relativity of time as affected by fun holds true, because we had a whole bunch of fun this month.
My Reviews
My Meme Posts

Other Fun Posts

My poor reviews list always looks so tiny. I enjoy keeping my reviews on Sundays for consistency's sake, but I'm thinking about sprinkling tiny reviews throughout the week. We'll see.

January was really good to me, stuff-wise. Thanks to my new iPad, I got to explore the worlds of e-novellas and NetGalley. It's a blessing, really, because I don't think my shelf could support this many new books.




Stuff I Bought
  • Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
  • The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (ToG novella #1) by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Assassin and the Desert (ToG novella #2) by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Assassin and the Underworld (ToG novella #3) by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Assassin and the Empire (ToG novella #4) by Sarah J. Maas
  • Glitches (Cinder novella) by Marissa Meyer
  • MILA 2.0: Origins (MILA 2.0 novella) by Debra Driza
  • Speak by Lauren Halsie Anderson
  • Double Crossed (GG and HS crossover novella) by Ally Carter
  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  • Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
  • The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson ebook


Stuff I Won
  • An ARC of The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (from Christina @ A Reader of Fictions)
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor and a $25 B&N gift card (from Dot Hutchinson @ Scattered Pages)
  • Splintered by A.G. Howard (from Abrams Books via Twitter)
  • The Archived by Victoria Schwab (from Sarah @ YA Librarian Tales)
  • The Diviners by Libba Bray (from Liz @ Teen Reads)




Stuff I Was Given
  • Scorch by Gina Damico (borrowed from Dot Hutchinson)
  • What We Saw at Night by (from Soho Teen via NetGalley)
  • Two and Twenty Dark Tales (from Month9Books via NetGalley)
  • Also Known As by Robin Benway (from Bloomsbury Kids via NetGalley)
  • Bruised by Sarah Skilton (from Amulet Books via NetGalley)
  • The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Artnett (from Tor Teen via NetGalley)
  • Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg (from Scholastic via NetGalley + hard copy ARC)
  • The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen (from Scholastic via NetGalley + hard copy ARC)
  • The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston (ARC from Disney Hyperion for review)
  • The Loop by Shandy Lawson (ARC from Disney Hyperion for review)
  • Poison by Bridget Zinn (ARC from Disney Hyperion for review)
  • The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (from Scholastic via NetGalley)

HUGE thanks to Christina, Dot, Sarah, Liz, Abrams Books, Soho Teen, Month9Books, Bloomsbury Kids, Amulet Books, Tor Teen, Scholastic, and Disney Hyperion. You all make me shimmy with happiness.

Lastly, as always, is my favorite list.

A Few Of My Favorite Blog Moments
  • Getting to help Jenna celebrate her blogoversary.
  • Continued civil discourse about the New Adult genre.
  • Squealing over a mutual love of Belle from Beauty and the Beast with several of you.
  • Finding my first baby blogger mentee.
  • Getting excited with all of you over the next upcoming Ally Carter book.
  • Becoming a bit giddy over potential BEA plans.
  • Hugging it out over all the stress the numbers game brings us as bloggers.
  • Listening to Richard Armitage read a passage from North & South. (What a stress reliever, my gosh.)
  • Getting excited for our potential May readathon.
  • Being approved for the first time on NetGalley.
  • Hitting my one-year blogoversary mark. Woohoo!
  • REACHING 600 GFC FOLLOWERS!!!
  • REACHING 600 TWITTER FOLLOWERS!!! [Edit: We reached 700 last night! WOOT!!]
  • REACHING 500 FEED FOLLOWERS!!!
Whew. What a month. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU all for such an amazing start to the year.

Attribution