Friday, March 1, 2013

February Rewind & Review


~~*~~

I, for one, am relieved to be out of February. Between the wonky spelling (whose idea was it to add that extra R?) and the odd number of days, February is one weird duck. March, on the other hand, has a normal spelling and a normal number of days. It's also one step closer to BEA! But despite its oddities, February was a good month. Here are some of the highlights.

My Reviews


My Meme Posts


Other Fun Posts

As I promised last month, I've tried to post smaller reviews on weekdays to spruce up my review lists. Only reviewing four books a month was silly, but I don't want to kill myself over getting a certain number of extra reviews out each week. However, more reviews means less space for other original posts, so we'll see.

Now before you all look at my stuff posts, let me explain. The "bought" list is huge because of thrift stores. I am not buying new copies, for the most part. I am not made of money. But I am extremely pleased with the high-quality thrift store books I found this month. They're all so pretty.

click to enlarge

Stuff I Bought
  • The Queen's Army (Cinder novella) by Marissa Meyer
  • Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
  • Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
  • The Amulet of Samarkand (Bartimaeus Trilogy #1) by Jonathan Stroud
  • The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus Trilogy #2) by Jonathan Stroud
  • Holes by Louis Sachar
  • I'd Tell You, but then I'd Have To Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1) by Ally Carter
  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2) by Ally Carter
  • The Names of This Book Is Secret (Secret #1) by Pseudonymous Bosch
  • The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick Riordan
  • Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers ebook
  • N or M? by Agatha Christie
  • Towards Zero by Agatha Christie
  • The King's Shadow by Elizabeth Alder
  • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
  • James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
  • Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
  • The Silver Crown by Robert C. O'Brien
  • The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley



Stuff I Won
  • The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
  • The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson (both from Figment)
  • (signed) Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (from Macmillan via Twitter)
  • (signed) 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma (from LibraryThing for review)
  • Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (from Susan Dennard via a Twitter contest)
  • Shadow & Bone and Ravka wall map (from Fierce Reads via a Twitter contest)




Stuff I Received
  • Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (from Houghton Mifflin Harcout via NetGalley)
  • Insomnia by J.R. Johansson (from Flux via NetGalley)
  • A Wounded Name by Dot Hutchison (from the author, WHOM I KNOW!)


Woof. That "Stuff I Bought" list almost makes me want to make R&R weekly. Almost. Now it's time for one more list, my very favorite one.

A Few Of My Favorite February Blog Moments
  • Continuing the blogoversary love.
  • GETTING TO READ Dark Triumph BY ROBIN LAFEVERS!!! AAAAAH!!
  • Flailing over Warner awesomeness with my blogger friends. (DIMPLES! Augh, it kills me every time.)
  • Getting to hype Clear Eyes, Full Shelves in a Blogger Spotlight.
  • Puzzling with all of you about Paper Lantern Lit, AND hearing from Ms. Fiona Paul, because she'll soon be giving some of the answers we so crave.
  • Drooling/swooning/sighing over our favorite romantic couples just in time for Valentine's Day.
  • Finally watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries for the first time.
  • Revealing the cover of A Wounded Name. It's gorgeous, AND it's written by a friend of mine, Dot Hutchison!
  • Finding a roommate for BEA. (Hannah, who found me through the BEA post I linked above!)
~~*~~

Sigh. What a glorious month. A big thanks to Figment, Macmillan, LibraryThing, Susan Dennard, Fierce Reads, my local thrift stores, HMHKids, Flux, NetGalley, the lovely Dot Hutchison, and, as always, all of you. Tally ho into March!