Monday, April 8, 2013

BEA Excitement


I let it slip in the Twittersphere last week that I sometimes flap my hands when I'm excited. Well, right now I'm so excited that I'm about to take flight.

BEA is in less than two months! In a little over a month (48 days, to be exact), I will be standing on New York asphalt for the first time in my life. For one week, I will be immersed in the heady mixture of New York sight-seeing and book-loving fanaticism. It will be AWESOME.

But the best part is who will be there to share it with me. Seriously, as excited as I am about New York and traveling and free books and all that, nothing tops how excited I get every time I hear from a fellow attendee.

I'm currently compiling a list of all the people I know will be at BEA. I have a list for authors and agents that I know and love, a list for authors whose books I have not read but would like to meet, and a list for fellow bloggers. As if reading my mind, BEA recently released the list of authors who will be signing during the conference.

Some of the author highlights:

  • Victoria Schwab, author of The Archived, who will be signing Vicious
  • Mary Grey, author of The Dollhouse Asylum, who recently took part in the Attack of the Assassins! blog tour
  • Diana Peterfreund, author of For Darkness Shows the Stars, who will be signing Across a Star-Swept Sea
  • Ally Carter, author of the Heist Society and Gallagher Girls series, who will be signing Gallagher Girls 6(!!)
  • Dot Hutchison, author of A Wounded Name
  • Sarah J. Maas, author of Throne of Glass, who will be signing Crown of Midnight
  • Elizabeth Wein, author of Code Name Verity, who will be signing Rose Under Fire(!!!)
  • Gretchen McNeil, author of Ten, who will be signing 3:59
  • PATRICIA POLACCO, author of MY CHILDHOOD FAVORITES, signing WHO FREAKING CARES BECAUSE I'M GOING TO MEET PATRICIA POLACCO!!!!

As you can see, I am very excited, and I haven't even listed half of the authors I want to meet.


I'm also very, very excited to meet all my fellow bloggers. I've formed some really great friendships with some of you, and others I may not know that well but greatly admire. Being able to physically meet the people behind the icons makes me giddy! Also, as a sneaky person who operates anonymously, it will be fun to meet everyone in the flesh.

I know, for instance, that Hannah @ The Girl in a Cafe will be going, because she's my roommate! My blogger gal pal Gillian @ Writer of Wrongs will be there as well, because I've already had several squealing fits over meeting her.

But what I want to know is who else is going? C'mon, speak up! Who of you are going? What do you plan to do while you're there? And please please please can we meet up? Comment below!

(And for all you out there sick of the BEA chatter because you just can't make it this year, I love you and it will be okay. There's always next year.)