Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cover Love #27


Colette Iselin is excited to go to Paris on a class trip. She’ll get to soak up the beauty and culture, and maybe even learn something about her family’s French roots.

But a series of gruesome murders are taking place across the city, putting everyone on edge. And as she tours museums and palaces, Colette keeps seeing a strange vision: a pale woman in a ball gown and powdered wig, who looks suspiciously like Marie Antoinette.

Colette knows her popular, status-obsessed friends won’t believe her, so she seeks out the help of a charming French boy. Together, they uncover a shocking secret involving a dark, hidden history. When Colette realizes she herself may hold the key to the mystery, her own life is suddenly in danger . . .

Acclaimed author Katie Alender brings heart-stopping suspense to this story of revenge, betrayal, intrigue — and one killer queen.
Yet again, a cover completely wins me over. Yet again, a cover found via Cover Snark. Holla!

I know the cover is pretty gruesome, but look at all the pretty colors! It's so bright and peppy, despite the subject matter. The pinks and blues and yellows are lovely, and her eyes pop magnificently. Also, the tagline makes me giggle.

I found the cover to be so enchanting that I saved it as to-read, though I was convinced for some reason that it was an adult book. (The synopsis wasn't released yet.) Imagine my delight when I learned it was YA! Hooray! While the story sounds too Name of the Star for my taste, there's no way I can pass up a book with such a cover.

What do you think of this cover? And what cover do you love this week?