Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: REWIND (My Book Boyfriends)

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Eeeeee! I've been waiting for this topic for MONTHS! I had to skip it last week because of the Attack of the Assassins! blog tour, but now I'm ready to go. I usually try to stick to the required ten picks, but not this week. I just can't.

Here are my book boyfriends, organized into appropriate subcategories:


The Hearty, Young Blokes:
  • Roar from the Never Sky series
  • Perry from the Never Sky series 
Series face-off winner: Roar. He's funny and so freaking sweet.
  • Beast from the His Fair Assassin series
  • Duval from the His Fair Assassin series
Series face-off winner: Beast. He was my guy even in the first book.
  • Chaol from the Throne of Glass series
  • Sam from the Throne of Glass novellas
Series face-off winner: SAM. As much as I love Chaol, there's no contest.

  • Michael Moscowitz from The Princess Diaries series
  • John Paul Reynolds Abernathy IV from The Princess Diaries series

Series face-off winner: I'm only on book 7, and in this book, JP puts up a great fight, but I've been assured Michael will win my heart in the end.
  • Hale from the Heist Society series
  • Mal from the Grisha series
  • Peeta from The Hunger Games series
  • Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series
  • Jamie from Code Name Verity
  • Rhys from Two Princesses of Bamarre
  • Nawat from the Daughter of the Lioness series
  • Rue from Arclight
  • Callum from Reboot
  • Hector from the Fire and Thorns series (my #1 out of this entire list, if you were wondering)


The Older (Yet No Less Attractive) Men:
  • Marcus O'Malley from The O'Malleys series
  • Jack O'Malley from The O'Malleys series
Series face-off winner: No idea. I've spent almost ten years going back and forth.
  • Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
  • Mr. Thornton from North and South
  • Dyfed Brougham from the Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman series
  • Aragorn son of Arathorn from The Lord of the Rings
  • Captain Wentworth from Persuasion
  • Tarzan from the Tarzan series
I also have to give out shout-outs to two separate groups, who, for reasons soon to be clear, are not able to be my book boyfriends:

Attribution
Shout-out to the Too-Young-To-Be-Crushed-Upon-But-Sweet-Nonetheless Boys:
  • Soap from Etiquette & Espionage
  • Rudy Steiner from The Book Thief (excuse me, I have something in my eye...)
  • Joe from the Mandie series (my first book crush)

Attribution
Shout-out to The Bad Boys:
  • Warner from the Shatter Me series
  • Morpheus from the Splintered series
  • Eugenides from The Queen's Thief series (SO AWESOME, but liars drive me nuts in real life)
  • Jack Dandy from The Steampunk Chronicles
Yeah, nowhere near ten picks. Still, I hope you enjoyed my picks. Chime in below with your thoughts!