Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cover Love #30


Ana only knows her name because of the tag she finds pinned to her jumpsuit. Waking in the featureless compartment of a rocket ship, she opens the hatch to discover that she has landed on a barren alien world. Instructions in her pocket tell her to observe and to survive, no doubt with help from the wicked-looking knives she carries on her belt. But to what purpose?

  Meeting up with three other teens--one boy seems strangely familiar--Ana treks across the inhospitable landscape, occasionally encountering odd twists of light that carry glimpses of people back on Earth. They're working on some sort of problem, and the situation is critical. What is the connection between Ana's mission on this planet and the crisis back on Earth, and how is she supposed to figure out the answer when she can't remember anything.
Alright, if I'm being totally honest, the majority of this cover sucks. It's all very cheesy, right down to the colors and the little schoolgirl on the front. (The synopsis says she has a jumpsuit. Where's the cool jumpsuit?!) I am featuring Paradox on Cover Love for the sole reason that I cannot stop staring at the Sarlaac-like beastie of a worm that I simply cannot ignore.

I mean, look at it! How cool is that? It's all "RAAAWWWRRR I'm a big bad wormy thing with TEETH and I shall EAT YOOOOU!"

I'm sure I've completely lost all of you contemporary fans, but believe me, this is cool.

What do you think of this cover? And what cover are you loving this week?