|Button designed by the fab Lisseth from Read-A-holicZ|
The point of this ReReadathon is to MAKE time.
Don't worry. I know we all have many different commitments pulling us every which-way, and a month is a long time. The point of the ReReadathon is not to devote the entire month of July SOLELY to rereads. Instead, the idea is to give us all a guilt-free excuse to indulge ourselves in books we know and love.
Now for the nitty-gritty. What's in it for you?
1. You have the golden opportunity to dust off childhood favorites, comfort books, and old friends in paperback form.
2. You have an excuse to write reviews (if you want) about said favorites, comforts, and friends and share your overflowing love with the rest of the blogosphere.
3. I have prizes!!
That's right! Prizes! I'm giving away $15 worth of books to one lucky participant, and yes, it's an INTERNATIONAL prize. All you have to do to qualify for the giveaway is participate in the ReReadathon. You can participate by doing one or more of the following:
1. Write a blog post about your plan to participate in the ReReadathon. In that post, include the ReReadathon button from the top of my post, a link to my blog, and what you hope to accomplish during the ReReadathon (ex: why you're joining, what you hope to read). This entry is MANDATORY.
2. Write a review for one or more of your rereads. This is a great way to provide exposure for books close to your heart. Share the love!
3. Write update posts throughout the month about the ReReadathon. Some ideas include keeping us in the loop of what you've reread, how your opinions have or haven't changed since your first read, what you've learned, etc.
4. Anything else I think of throughout the month.
For the entries to count, they MUST be entered in the linky below between now and July 31. And again, your initial blog post is MANDATORY. It is also the only thing you must do to enter, if you wish. Clearly, I can't stop by your house and check to see if you're rereading books or not. :) Oh, and if more than twenty people sign up, I'll add another prize!
There are so many books I hope to read this month. If I could, I'd reread my entire library, but I'm limiting myself to this (rather ambitious) list:
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
- The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
- Throne of Glass (plus prequel novellas) by Sarah J. Maas
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
- Heist Society by Ally Carter
- Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
- Terrier by Tamora Pierce
- Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
- Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
- The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
- A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
As you can see, I'm delving heavily into series books. If I have little time to reread books, I have practically NO time to reread entire series, so I'm milking July for all its worth.
I'm so excited for this rereadathon, you guys have no idea. I can't wait to sink back into the comfortable, familiar worlds that I adore. July is going to be like the world's most fantastic reunion. Just me, Elisa, Hector, Gen, Sophos, Mal, Chaol, Sam, Celaena, Beka, Kat, Hale, and all their respective crews having a laugh and heading off for adventure. I hope you'll join us with a posse of your own.