Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rewind & Review (11)


This is going to be a short Rewind & Review, because I purposely tried to take it easy this week. After all, it's the week after BEA! Whoo! Seriously, I'm wiped. I'm tired and I hurt all over, but really I'm still recovering from the mind-blowing awesomeness that was the NYC/BEA one-two punch.

Blog Posts You May Have Missed
BEA! BEA! BEA! But seriously, I'm so tired.

I also have a nauseatingly impressively large stack of new books waiting to be read. If you read my Treasure Trove post above, then you've seen all the new books I got at BEA. However, books arrived in the mail while I was away, AND my mom cleaned off our childhood bookshelves and I scored some of my old middle-grade favorites.

No pictures this week because I just reorganized every single book I own, and the thought of bringing them all back out for pictures makes me want to cry.

Stuff I Bought
  • Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst (SIGNED COPY)
  • Lirael (Sabriel #2) by Garth Nix
  • Parsifal's Page (Squire's Tales #4) by Gerald Morris
  • The Lioness and Her Knight (Squire's Tales #7) by Gerald Morris
  • The Quest of the Fair Unknown (Squire's Tales #8) by Gerald Morris
  • The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
  • Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
  • Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers
  • Princess in Love (Princess Diaries #3) by Meg Cabot
  • Princess in Pink (Princess Diaries #5) by Meg Cabot
  • Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (SIGNED COPY)

Stuff I Won
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (from the official 5th Wave Twitter page)
  • Dead Letter Office by Kira Snyder (from Goodreads)
  • Signed copy of Acid by Emma Pass w/signed postcard (from A.L. Davroe)

Stuff I Received
  • 2-in-1 The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London
  • Sea Wolf by Jack London
  • The Cave of Time (Choose Your Own Adventure #1) by Edward Packard
  • The Race Forever (Choose Your Own Adventure #17) by R.A. Montgomery
  • First Meet (The Gymnasts #2) by Elizabeth Levy
  • Nobody's Perfect (The Gymnasts #3) by Elizabeth Levy
  • Trouble in the Gym (The Gymnasts #5) by Elizabeth Levy
  • Bad Break (The Gymnasts #6) by Elizabeth Levy
  • Tumbling Ghosts (The Gymnasts #7) by Elizabeth Levy
  • Mystery at the Meet (The Gymnasts #11) by Elizabeth Levy
  • Harry Kitten and Tucker Mouse by George Selden
  • Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe
  • The Kenyan Chronicles Rhino Tales 3-Pack (Tribal Oath, Secret of the Coral Cave, and Poachers Beware!) by Shel Arensen
  • The Mystery of the Poison Arrow Tree (Rhino Tales #4) by Shel Arensen
  • The Test of the Tribal Challenge (Rhino Tales #6) by Shel Arensen
  • Double Crossing (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • Shock Waves (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • Danger Down Under (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • Passport to Danger (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • Courting Disaster (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • A Crime for Christmas (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • High Survival (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • Mystery Train (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • New Year's Evil (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • Spies and Lies (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery) by Carolyn Keene
  • The Door in the Dragon's Throat (Cooper Kids #1) by Frank Peretti
  • Escape from the Island of Aquarius (Cooper Kids #2) by Frank Peretti
  • The Tombs of Anak (Cooper Kids #3) by Frank Peretti
  • Trapped at the Bottom of the Sea (Cooper Kids #4) by Frank Peretti
  • The Secret of the Desert Stone (Cooper Kids #5) by Frank Peretti
  • The Deadly Curse of Toco-Rey (Cooper Kids #6) by Frank Peretti
  • The Legend of Annie Murphy (Cooper Kids #7) by Frank Peretti
  • Flying Blind (Cooper Kids #8) by Frank Peretti
  • The Maps of Tolkien's Middle-Earth by Brian Sibley and John Howe

Stuuuuuuuuuuff. I'm drowning in books. I could make snow angels in my books. But I'm not complaining! A big, big thanks to BEA, the many wonderful authors and publishers at BEA, A.L. Davroe, The 5th Wave official Twitter page, Goodreads, and my mom.

No "Miscellaneous Happenings" this week because I'm too tired to throw it together, but I'd be more than happy to hear about your week, so drop me a comment!