Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ReReadathon 2013 - The End


This is it, ladies and gents. We have officially reached the end of our month-long ReReadathon. I had so much fun during the ReReadathon, and I hope you all did as well.

I also hope you're as pleased with your progress as I am of mine. When we first started ReReadathon, I set the very lofty goal of fifteen novel and four novella rereads with the full knowledge that I wouldn't have time to get to them all. I was right. I didn't get to reread all the books I wanted to, but I did manage to reread the following nine books and four novellas:
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
  • The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (plus all four novellas)
  • Fire by Kristin Cashore
  • The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
  • A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
  • Heist Society by Ally Carter
  • Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
... as well as four other new books (sequels to some of the above rereads) and a nearly finished re-listen of the Graceling audiobook. Not bad at all, if I do say so myself.

I've loved being able to revisit old literary friends and note how my opinions of them and their stories have (or haven't) changed. Some I liked better, some worse, but in all of my rereads I found myself catching little hints or nods that I missed the first time.

One side effect that I was not expecting is that now I'm itching to dive into some of my new ARCs that have been waiting patiently on my shelf. This ReReadathon has rejuvenated me tremendously. I hope you all can say the same.

The prize linky is open until midnight tonight, so be sure to get in your last-minute recap/reflection posts for extra entries. Once the linky is closed, I'll use a random generator to choose the winner. Also, now that the ReReadathon is over, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Would you be willing to do this again next year? Is there something I could have done to make the ReReadathon more interactive/enjoyable? Any and all suggestions can be dropped in the comments section, passed to me on Twitter, or floated to my inbox.

Thank you all again for joining in!