Saturday, July 13, 2013

ReReadathon 2013 - Week Two


Thus ends Week Two of ReReadathon 2013. Sound the gong, Jeeves! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out my intro post here. If you'd like to check out the wrap-up for Week One, click here.

If you remember, I was proud of myself last week for tearing through the Fire & Thorns series by Rae Carson. While that was an accomplishment for me, I must say that by comparison I was freaking awesome this week. This week, I read all four Throne of Glass novellas, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, AND Fire by Kristin Cashore, as well as squeezing in a non-reread of Crown of Midnight. And since I'm writing this Thursday evening, I may have finished King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner by now as well. I know this may not be super whoop-di-doo to some of you, but this is a huge deal for me. Being able to tear through a book is one of the joys of rereading. I know what's coming. I don't need to carefully pick through the details for fear of missing something. I can just... enjoy. And I happen to enjoy most books on turbo-speed.

Yet again, I'm also fascinated by the things I pick up while rereading. For instance, all of the emotions I felt while reading Maas's books the first time were heightened during the reread. Because I knew what was coming, the novellas tore me up THAT MUCH MORE. The Fae subplot of ToG still annoyed me, but since I wasn't waiting for Arobynn or Farran to pop up at any moment, I was able to enjoy the story that was presented. And though I enjoyed Fire less than my first read through, I am anticipating being able to reread Bitterblue that much more.

And, of course, King of Attolia always presents me with something new every time I read it, which is why this post is ending here. Can't keep Gen waiting, now can we?

The ReReadathon linky is still open, so don't forget to link up your posts. :) Can't wait to hear how your own rereads are going!

Note of clarification: Those of you who haven't done an initial post can join the ReReadathon; it's not too late. Those of you who HAVE already joined can link up discussion posts for extra entries into the giveaway.