Sunday, July 7, 2013

Rewind & Review (14)


Ah, summertime. Don't you love summertime? I do. Work-wise, the time of year doesn't change anything for me, but I love how everything else seems to slow down when we hit the hotter months. Fewer new releases to catch up on, fewer "big news" items to worry about. Peace. And hey, maybe sometime this month I'll actually make it to the beach for the first time in forever!

Anyways, the blog has been pretty normal this week, though I enjoyed the discussion posts this week and there IS a giveaway you all should check out. (It's international!)

Blog Posts You Might Have Missed


Once again, I'm doing my best to keep book-buying to a minimum (a complete ban just isn't feasible), and I'm very pleased with the items I bought, won, and received this week. There's not a lot, but it's all quality.

Stuff I Bought
  • Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (both from Tabitha)

Stuff I Won
  • Rush by Eve Silver
  • Vortex by S.J. Kincaid (both from Epic Reads)

Stuff I Received
  • SIGNED The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch (from Jess <3)
  • Defiance by C.J. Redwine (traded via YA Book Exchange)

A big thanks to Tabitha, the Epic Reads gals (and Snarkles!), Jess, and my fellow traders at YABE.

No miscellaneous happenings this week because 1) I haven't been paying attention, and 2) nothing major has happened that I know of. So relax, catch up on life, and enjoy your summer!