Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rewind & Review (16)


Hey all! I'm still trying to figure out how we made it through half of July already. I mean yeesh, really? Is summer really almost over? My word. Despite the flying time, it was a good week. We had a great discussion this week about writing and researching, and I got to review a book that I adored.

Blog Posts You May Have Missed
That was the week on the blog, and it was a good one, too.

I kinda sorta fell off the wagon when it came to buying books this week, but only a little. Sunny had a friend over, so we all went to the thrift store. It'd been my first time there in almost two months, so I think I did rather well.

Stuff I Won
  • The Geek's Guide to Dating by Eric Smith + poster (via LibraryThing)


Stuff I Bought
  • The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
  • Everneath by Brodi Ashton
  • The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • The Dilbert Principle by Scott Adams
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  • Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile (a Royal Diaries book) by Kristiana Gregory
  • Elizabeth I: Red Rose of the House of Tudor (a Royal Diaries book) by Kathryn Lasky
  • The Winter of Red Snow: The Revolutionary War Diary of Abigail Jane Stewart (a Dear America book) by Kristiana Gregory
  • Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady (a Dear America book) by Ellen Emerson White
  • Page (Protector of the Small #2) by Tamora Pierce
  • Squire (Protector of the Small #3) by Tamora Pierce
  • Lady Knight (Protector of the Small #4) by Tamora Pierce
  • I Am the Cheese by Robert Cormier
Stuff I Received
  • SIGNED Tokyo Heist by Diana Renn (traded via YABE)
  • Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter (traded via YABE)
  • The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud (from the publisher via NetGalley)
Not a bad haul, eh? I'm especially excited to start those Tamora Pierce books. I just need to find the first book. A big, big thanks to YABE, NetGalley, Quirk Books, LibraryThing, and Disney Hyperion!

Miscellaneous Happenings
Lots of exclamation points in the happenings, but what can I say? I'm excited!