Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rewind & Review (17)


Happy Sunday, everyone! It's the start of a new week, but first let's get the old week in order.

Blog Posts You May Have Missed
I really enjoyed my posts this week. Is that arrogant to say? But honestly, I got to review a book that I loved, vent my spleen about book turn-offs, and have a really great discussion with all of you about author-blogger interactions. It was an awesome week!

Books I Read
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (part of ReReadathon 2013)
  • Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
I've decided to start listing the books I read in a week as well to give some publicity to books I don't bother to review. I wish I could review everything I read, but I honestly don't have the patience or the time. Reviews are HARD. That said, I don't want the unreviewed books to slip away unnoticed either.



Stuff I Received
  • The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud (from Alexa at Alexa Loves Books)
  • Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (from HarperCollins)
  • Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers audiobook (from AudioSync)
  • The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen audiobook (from Audiosync)
Between free stuff from AudioSync and more free stuff from generous people, it's been a pretty cool week. A big thanks to my pal Alexa, HarperCollins, and AudioSync!

Miscellaneous Happenings
  • Tor.com ferrets out some of the nastier truths of the Star Wars universe. What has been learned cannot be unlearned. I will never look at Ewoks the same way again.
  • Fresh Sherlock news straight from the Comic Con panel!
  • Also, Tom Hiddleston came to Comic Con in character, and it was awesome.
  • The Sandlot cast reunites after twenty years. (And they look just like themselves. It's freaky.)
  • The royal baby, Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge, was finally born. The internet exploded in a glitter-filled inferno of Jason Alexander and Curious George jokes.
  • England approved putting Jane Austen on the 10 pound note, which is totally cool.
  • Bill Nye the Science Guy talks on YouTube about killer asteroids. (The part around 4:22 in my favorite.)
  • I bought myself an external hard drive, so I won't have nightmares about my computer dying and losing all my stuff. Hooray!
  • It was my sister Sunny's birthday yesterday, so wish her happy birthday!
  • I read a really cool article about the gender-flipping meme. There's some language, so be forewarned, but it's a good read.
  • And the big announcement: I GOT AN INTERNSHIP! It's remote, with a literary agency, and I'm super-excited. That's all I can say. Just picture me doing a jig.
My miscellaneous happenings this week are skewed far more nerdy than bookish, but that's okay. Nerdy FTW!

I hope your week was as cool as mine. If you participate in any similar memes, drop me a link so I can see what you were up to!