Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #31

Hosted by Pen To Paper




Rebecca "Rebel" Blue, a loner rebel and budding artist, reluctantly completes the bucket list of Kennedy Green, an over-committed do-gooder classmate who dies in a car accident following a stint in detention where both girls were forced to consider their morality and write bucket lists. In this hilarious and life-changing journey, Rebel meets up with a nice boy, a gimpy dolphin, and a past she's tried to forget as this bad girl tries to do good.

I still haven't decided what draws me so strongly to this book. Part of the allure has to do with the title, specifically Rebel Blue's name. It's such a cool, funky name, and I love reading about rebels. Also, every time I read the name "Rebel Blue" I start jamming out to Rosin Murphy's song "Ruby Blue," which is a win if I ever heard one.

Of course, the story itself sounds good, too. Bucket lists are great, especially when they're not your own.

What do you think of Goodbye, Rebel Blue? Will you read it? And what are you wishing for this Wednesday?