Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Totally Selfish Post (Happy Birthday To MEEE!)

WARNING: The following post is entirely and unapologetically self-centered with absolutely zero connection to books, reading, or the publishing industry whatsoever. And that's okay, because...


It's my biiiiiiirthday, it's my biiiiiiirthday!


I love birthdays, mainly because it means that people will give me pretty clothes and books for FREE.


Also, dessert! Birthdays are awesome.


This year, instead of having a birthDAY, I'm going to have more of an extended birthWEEKEND. As you read this, I'm actually at work pulling a twelve-hour shift (boo). But once I clock out for the day, I'll be off for four whole days.


I usually like to do a giveaway on my birthday, but I can't this time. Sorry. (See, I told you this post was going to be entirely self-centered. I can't even give things away to balance it out.) However, the reason I can't is that there's a MUCH BETTER giveaway coming your way as soon as I get my blog settled at its new domain.

I'll be back with (only slightly) less self-centered posts tomorrow. But until then...


16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday may this day be fabulous for you filled with love and loved ones ( and books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPEEEEE BIRTHDAYYYYYYY


    Also that genie-getting-unshackled gif is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Happy birthday! I wouldn't feel bad about not having a giveaway. I didn't, and it wasn't because some big one was coming up! I was just so selfish I thought everyone should give ME books instead ;) I hope work goes by really fast and you enjoy your four days off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! You totally deserve to have today (all weekend? Yes, all wekkend) be all about you so once the blehness of work is over, enjoy it, darn it! And I hope you get lots of exciting books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Shelver, Happy Birthday to you! And mannnnny more! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!! Hope it's a good one! (Mine was this past Monday. Lots of August babies! ) :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, right? I squealed when I found it. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot, August babies! Happy birthday to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY :). Birthweekend celebrations are the best! I hope the shift at the store wasn't too bad and that you get lots of gifts and awesomeness and have a wonderful, wonderful day :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you! I hope you got some amazing books!

    ReplyDelete