Friday, August 23, 2013

Down For Moving Day!



Hi all! Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes yesterday. I had tons of fun and can't wait to share all my cool new books with you. First, though, I have some work to do.

Back at the end of June, I promised some changes. After quitting my job at the bookstore, there was no longer any need for anonymity. Since I was no longer anonymous or a shelver, keeping the same blog name seemed a little stupid.

I don't do change very quickly, however, so for the last two months, I've been mulling over a new blog name.

I found one.

Then I needed to figure out whether I was going with a normal Wordpress site or a self-hosted Wordpress site. (No way was I sticking with Blogger.)

Sorted.

Then, with my dad's help, I found some really cute images and pieced together a new header.

All I need to do now is transfer my posts, fix the formatting, change all my social media usernames, and get the word out. You know, the easy stuff. (She says with a roll of her eyes.)

I have the weekend off, so I'm going to try to get everything up and running by Sunday. I hope it doesn't take that long, but I fully anticipate setbacks. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Just thinking about doing all that would give me a headache, Good luck!
    (Oh,and I love the Kuzco gif!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I did the same a few months ago and it took me about a weekend. Which I actually thought was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! You will LOVE WordPress, I think. I prefer self-hosted but even the regular free platform is pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck
    in your move over to WordPress, everyone in the know is doing it these days
    and life will be a lot more exciting and easier for you. Are you doing everything your self? As long
    as you focus on what you are doing then it should be doable in 2 days, and my
    advice is to get it all done in one go otherwise you never complete the job
    to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete