Blog Posts You Might Have Missed
- Review: The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson
- Wishlist Wednesday #33
- Living Characters, Head Canon, and Anderson's Socks
- Mini-Reviews: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
No vlog this week. I'm currently out of town, so there was no opportunity to sit down and film anything. It wasn't a terribly overwhelming mailbox week anyways.
Stuff I Received
- Audiobook of Enchanted by Alethea Kontis (from AudioSync)
- Gilt by Katherine Longshore
- Strategy by B.H. Liddell Hart
- How Wars Are Won by Bevin Alexander
- Margot by Jillian Cantor
- The 100 by Kass Morgan [DNF]
- Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black [DNF]
- We officially have a new Doctor in the form of one Peter Capaldi.
- Guys, this BuzzFeed list IS MY LIFE.
- There is now a free Tamogatchi app. All the 90s kids rejoice.
- Scientists discovered a magenta exoplanet.
- A group of boys at VidCon physically pick up girls and then don't seem to understand why that's not okay. A bunch of people are now pressuring VidCon to ban them. Note: Language warning. (h/t C.J. Redwine) [Update: Jake Vale hid both videos after internet outcry (and tried to argue with a bunch of us on Twitter and failed). John Green banned all the boys from VidCon. And C.J. Redwine wrote an AMAZING open letter to Jake Vale.]
- A book blogger told an author she wouldn't review his book. In return, he gave sent her a link on how to kill herself. No, really.
- The studio releases a still from The Book Thief movie! AAAAH!
- Benedict Cumberbatch dances the Thriller. Yup.
- We learn that there are at least three ways in which the Catching Fire movie will differ from the book.
- Tahereh Mafi and Hollywood Crush released the cover and title for the final Shatter Me book. (There's no fire, guys. Why is there no fire? I'm sad.)