Blog Posts You May Have Missed
- Review: The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
- Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite Books Set in the Past/Future
- Cover Love #35
- How I Write a Review
Stuff I Received
- Henry Franks by Peter Adam Salomon
- The Culling by Steven Dos Santos (both from Flux)
- Killer of Enemies by Joseph Bruchac (from Lee & Low via Edelweiss)
Books I Read This Week
- The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
- A Wounded Name by Dot Hutchison
- Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me) and Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children) are engaged!
- We get some Disney movie news. (I hadn't heard of The Good Dinosaur and Inside Out before, but both sound fantastic.)
- Disability in KidLit put together a shelf of reads tagged by issue. It's awesome.
- There is a city in South Korea that centers around books. I have found my people.
- I also found a cool article about Disney characters who didn't make the cut. Fascinating!
- Wow. Someone found and posted new footage of the Japanese tsunami. It starts off slowly, but the water comes at 3:00 and it just goes crazy from there. I can't imagine how scary it must have been.
- Apparently, the world's biggest scavenger hunt is going on right now.
- This article about Strong Female Characters has been making its rounds on the internet, and with good reason.