Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite Books Set In The Past/Future

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I had such a hard time with this week's theme. I couldn't think of a setting that wasn't too broad or too narrow or too hokey. Finally, I decided to deal with the list temporally. Below are my top ten books set in the past. I excluded all books that might be dubbed alternate reality books. So no Something Strange and Deadly, because Philadelphia was never overrun by zombies. All books must also be from a definite time period, so nothing that just feels like it's from the past.



Grave Mercy (and sequels) by Robin LaFevers


The American Girl books (esp. Samantha's and Felicity's books)


Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein


Margot by Jillian Cantor


The Young Underground series by Robert Elmer


The King's Shadow by Elizabeth Alder


Seven Daughters and Seven Sons by Barbara Cohen and Bahija Lovejoy


The Dear America/My Name Is America series

As a bonus, here are five favorite books set in the future (again, alternate realities not welcome):


All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Arclight by Josin McQuein


Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis


Under the Never Sky (and sequels) by Veronica Rossi

~~*~~

Alright, hive mind, now tell me. What books should I add to this list?